Friday, November 18, 2005

Bloggin' Ep. 10: "Blindsided by a Fishmonger!"

Eight are left. Who will be voted out tonight? (Okay, LAST night -- my apologies for running late with this entry!)

The show opened on Night 24 as the tribe members question Gary about finding the Immunity Idol which saved his butt for a week. Of course, Odd Duck Jamie -- recall, I will use descriptors each time I use his name just because he annoys me -- doesn't like him, doesn't trust him and is growing increasingly paranoid and ... er... ODD. He tried to get Cindy in a frazzle over the fact Gary voted to oust her. Now, she has no issue with that at all. She's not taking the vote personally, but Creepo Jamie certainly is! And, you know it's sad when even Judd is a voice of reason. Eek. Yep, even Judd who definitely doesn't trust Gary himself tried to reason with Paranoid Prince Jamie.

So, we watch as Jumpy Jamie starts making up things about Gary -- how he lied and such! @@ No one's buying his delusions.

Onto the Rewards Challenge we go...Jeff explained that the Survivors would be tied together in pairs running through a mud course (about 8" deep is my guess as I watched), making their way through obstacles to retrieve a pot of corn. They had to race back with the corn filling a container at the end. The pairs were two men and two women per team. Lydia was an embarassment at this one literally causing her team the loss. Rafe and Jerk Jamie made up the time she lost. But, had they made that time atop of a normal racing of the female pair, they could have won for sure. As it stood, the challenge was won by Judd, Gary, Stephenie and Danni.

They reaped the benefits of a helicopter ride to a mansion owned by a guy named Louie. While there they would shower (Judd got naked trying to rival Rich Hatch by being a Fat Naked Heterosexual Guy), feast, get fresh matching pajamas, spend the night, have lots of product placement Folgers coffee and, as a special bonus, they received videos from loved ones at home. Gary's family was a hoot! One of his kids asked if he had been hit on the head by a coconut yet and, if so, she introduced herself so he would remember her. I also liked Danni's dogs -- as her Mom put it, the two special men in her life.

They bonded a bit, although Judd is way strong on the Six Power, thus not likely to be swayed no matter how much he enjoys Gary's company. Stephenie also points out the wisdom of remaining with the Six in her confessional. As they left to go back to camp, they brought some of the Folgers with them to share.

Oh... did I mention that Jamie was outright scary livid about their winning the rewards and not him? We're talking schizo livid. You could see the daggers in his eyes! Even after they lost, he ranted for Cindy and Lydia to finish... even though it would mean absolutely nothing. While the others were gone, Lydia was apologizing to Rafe for her horrible performance in the challenge. Rafe was understanding. Camera cut to Jamie Insanie -- he's squishing fruit in his hand and it seems like the fruit symbolizes Lydia's head! The daggers were still in his eyes upon the return of the winners. He immediately went into his Paranoia Will Destroy Ya mode grilling Judd to see if he likes Gary better than him. @@ -- had to eyeroll. Just had to!

More than one Rafe confessional session, perhaps all of them, were about Strange Jamie. Rafe understands that he freaks out about everything, is very paranoid and isn't doing well. But, when he tries to calm him down and talk sense? Well, the paranoia just doesn't stop. When approached several times by Jumpy Jamie to verify that he wouldn't vote for him Rafe said, "I told you I wouldn't vote for you. Ask me one more time and I just may." The reply creeped me out -- "I'd have to kill you then. I'd murder you."

In the Immunity Challenge, yet another physical one, the Survivors were attached to a rope and had to race through obtacles and untie knots... er, and stuff. ;-) The first four to complete the course would move onto the next part -- the same sort of deal but with three levels. Rafe, Jamie, Stephenie and Cindy were the ones who went on. In the end, it was the amazed Rafe who won. In a later confessional, he mentions he may have to rethink his strategy as he might come across as a threat. Out of three Immunity Challenges in which he's participated, he's won two and came in second on the third. Watch out, Rafey!

Back at camp, Judd is figuring the vote with Edgy Jamie thinking the most Jamie would get would be one vote -- Gary's. But the plot thickens! Rafe, growing increasingly disturbed about Lamie Jamie, approaches Lydia and Stephenie about voting him out. Lydia is reluctant and it's left that if she goes with it, Steph and Rafe will vote him out. They know that Gary and Danni will most likely vote for him. Gary campaigned, but it looks to him like the Six will stick together. Wisely, Rafe left Judd in the dark about the plan.

It's off to Tribal Council! Of course, we endure Jeff's Probsting of the Survivors. Judd was so overboard with kind words about Gary that I had to roll my eyes! @@

As the votes were read, the tie bit came to play. You know, leading with Gary, tied and so on. In the end, Lydia went with Stephenie and Rafe -- Jumpin' Jamie had to jump on outta there! He is shocked! As he said after his torch was snuffed -- "Blindsided, niiice! That's how you vote someone out!"

Jeff pointed out that who you share information with, what information you share and how you share it is critical to the game.Well done, Rafe!

I apologize this entry is so late in coming. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I'd write it at all. Right now I'm so down on AOL for mucking up my blogs with their huge nasty banner ads for companies that I would not personally promote. Again, I bid folks reading this to write to the AOL screen name JOURNALCHANGES@aol.com to help protest this crass move.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do not stop writing I live on the west coast and i love it when i know who is going to be voted off of survivor, bb and amazing race. It kinda of makes it fun for me when i know ahead of time. Please keep posting.

11/18/2005 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Ossilan said...

Jackie,

Welcome to the Darkside of Blogging! I am so glad to see you here. I left AOL Journals a long time ago-after they started censoring the journals and deleting them. I knew it was not going to get much better after that. Downhill spiral and all that muck. I kept coming back to AOL, reading some of my favorite ones. I have been reading your journals for a long time and am just so happy you are here! Don't you dare stop writing, I will be so lost if I do not get the daily update on BB and the weekly dish on Survivor! Will be looking for you and some other evacuees!

Jellogirli

11/19/2005 04:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting if not on aol, but somewhere. I look foward to your updates. Are you moving the AR blog also? We all love you.

Jen

11/19/2005 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie I just want to say "PLEASE DONT STOP WRITING" I have enjoyed your postings tremendously and would really miss it if you quit. I missed an episode, forgot to set the vcr, but your posting was like watching the show. Once again thank you and keep up the great work

11/19/2005 12:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie!
Please do not stop writing! I will follow you where ever you need to go. I absolutely love your comments and your names for Paranoid Jamie. Thank gawd he is gone! I think I could handle any of the remaining winning as long as he can't. Oh, that's a lie! I still don't want Judd or Stephenie to win. ;)

11/19/2005 01:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Jackie,,, just keep doing what you do best,,,if you change sites let me know please,,, Happy Holidays,,,be safe,,,Marie

11/19/2005 03:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home