Thursday, December 01, 2005

Bloggin' Ep. 12: "You're All Lying Scumbags! Even my Jersey Girl!"





First, I'd like to thank AOL's One and Only Zoetawny for creating this nifty holiday Jackie/Survivor tag for me! She rules, she surely does! :-)

Onto tonight's 'Suvivor: Guatemala' --

Six are left. Who will be voted off tonight?


After the inevitable recap, we opened on Xhakum Day 31 where Danni is fully expecting to be targeted in the next Tribal Council, and Lydia had the rather odd sensation of smelling sausage and eggs. The first valid concern, the latter was all in Lydia's mind. Judd and Danni then practiced their cartwheels. Please don't ask me why -- I haven't a clue. In Danni's confessional, she spoke of a plan to get with Lydia and how the alliance (Judd, Stephenie, Rafe and Cindy) must be broken up whether she instigates it or they just turn on each other. We'll see...

It's off to the Rewards Challenge! Woohoo! ;-) Jeff issued each Survivor $500 to spend at auction. Two people could pool their money to bid on an item and then share it. Danni jumped on the first item, beef jerky, most likely as it's high protein. She got it for twenty bucks and refused Jeff's offer of trading for "what's behind the curtain." A wise choice as the trade was a huge bowl of uncooked corn, the only food they seem to have in camp. Lydia spent $140 determined to get a mosquito net for one. But, the big prize was... ta da... loved ones come out of behind bushes. Lydia gave Stephenie all her money, but that didn't beat Judd pooling in with Cindy. The winner won the family member overnight. Judd won with $880 spent. Before the Loved Ones, Danni bid and won a rather cool item. She got a sealed envelope which may help her win the Immunity Challenge. She was very determined to outbid everyone on that one for obvious reasons.

But, wait! Is there more? Yes! The winner could also select two others for the visit while the three Unchosen (wasn't that a movie?) had to go spend the night at the old Nakum camp. Judd chose Cindy as it was her money which helped him win and Stephenie, his Jersey Girl. @@ - I can roll my eyes at that as I'm writing this in NJ! So, it was Judd and his wife, Cindy with twin Mindy and Stephenie and her boyfriend doing the overnight while Rafe, Lydia and Danni hiked on outta there.

I could roll my eyes at the entire Overnight Sleep Out Crew, especially Judd and his wife. @@! On and on it went. "Oh, Judd does all of this?" "He's so great!" "I do it all. I'm just darn wonderful." In confessional, Stephenie spoke of how much she owes Judd and how cool it would be if the Final Two were from NJ. "Jersey would be proud." Um. Er. Speak for yerself! In game talk, Judd has decided Danni would go and, if she won immunity, then it would be Lydia. Cindy and Stephenie were fine with that.

As the discussion at the old Nakum camp wasn't all Judd-centric (well, in a way it was, but...!), I found that more interesting. Danni is making her move and working her plan. She talked to Rafe and planted the Judd Out seed as he admitted that he doesn't trust him. Rafe thinks Judd has to be caught in a lie. Didn't Gary do that last week in front of all?

As the Exiled Three returned in the morning, the loved ones (mushy) were still there. The ever romantic Judd likened seeing his wife to eating 25 White Castle cheeseburgers. Eww! Sliders! Now, if I were to say that about someone, I'd be talking ghastly ill. He said it with love. Eww. After the company left, Lydia kept prying at Judd for info... plans, Final Two thoughts, etc. But Judd was pretty quiet about things. Danni and Lydia both started playing Judd as if they want Rafe out. Judd feels like a secure man, but he's Dead Man Walking. Heh. They played him like a fiddle!

And, it's off to the Immunity Challenge! There was a roughly circular platform made of white tiles with a spinning part like in a childen's park placed in the center. The Survivors had to turn a tile over to reveal red, then step on it. They couldn't move diagonally. When surrounded by red, they were out. If they could make it to the spinning thingee, they could spin to choose a spot near them. Danni opened her envelope -- it was a one shot opportunity to change position with anyone. She used it to switch with Stephenie when Stephenie had been doing best. The challenge went down to Stephenie and Danni, Danni won and saved herself from an almost certain fate at Tribal Council. Stephenie seemed mad at first, but then backed off a lot as Danni needed the immunity right at this point. Almost desperately needed it.

Back at camp, Danni goes to Stephenie planting the Judd Seeds of Doubt. Stephenie is reluctant, but goes along as, even though she likes him, he's a threat and can't really be trusted. You go, Danni! Now Rafe, Danni, Lydia and Stephenie are in on the Judd ouster. They didn't think it would be wise to get Cindy in on it. Meanwhile, Judd is strutting about like he's King Rooster and untouchable. He's so certain that Lydia is going, smug about it, too. "As long as it ain't ME!"

We're onto the moment of truth, Tribal Council. Eh, no good confrontational questions for the most part from Jeff until Judd opens his mouth practically dissing everyone there. Smooth move, Judd. You sealed your fate if it wasn't already a done deed. "Deal with it!" Heh.

In showing Danni's vote, she said (paraphrased) "You say the squirrels get the nut. You're the nut." Someone wrote Judd's vote as the Juddinator. Judd voted for Lydia. Smugly, I might add.

As Jeff read the votes, he jockeyed the first four between Judd and Lydia, then Judd, Judd, Judd. I have never seen such a sore loser! He went on about not lying, called the others "scumbags" twice before he left Tribal Council and once more in the goodbye message. At TC he told them he hopes they get eaten by crocodiles. In the goodbye he said he'll say more to the Final Two. Yikes, look out Sue Hawk! And, trust me, he wasn't joking. No class. None at all. Don't let the torch hit you on the way out, Judd.

Jeff dismissed the others saying "You can't rely on what used to be. The game has changed in a big way."

And, yes... it has.

I wasn't expecting it to work. I really thought Lydia would go when Danni got immunity. I didn't think Danni and Lydia could work 'em the way they did. Danni really impressed me tonight. How 'bout you? What did you think of tonight's show?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has Lydia made a deal with the devil?
As for Judd's departure...is he from the dump sites in NJ?..I was born and raised there...but even Secaucas doesn't smell as bad as Judd did tonight!

Windtlkr

12/02/2005 02:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have watch every Survivor, Amazing Race,etc. and never have I seen such a poor sport.

rehwhite

12/02/2005 08:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop the Judd bashing, or are you all that sure you would have been a better contestant, get on the show and prove it

12/02/2005 10:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an almost livelong resident of the Garden State I have to say Judd is a stinkweed! What a big baby..."Deal with it Juddy."
Jersey girl now in Seattle

12/02/2005 12:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasnt rooting for Judd, but I can see where he was blindsided. His response was that of shock and awe - which means they outwitted him. But like he said he wanted to see somebody leave because that got him closer to the million - and that it was just a game. But when it was his turn to feel the game - it hurt. I am sure he is probably a nice guy. I am rooting for Dani or Rafe, since my man Gary is gone.

12/02/2005 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasnt rooting for Judd, but I can see where he was blindsided. His response was that of shock and awe - which means they outwitted him. But like he said he wanted to see somebody leave because that got him closer to the million - and that it was just a game. But when it was his turn to feel the game - it hurt. I am sure he is probably a nice guy. I am rooting for Dani or Rafe, since my man Gary is gone.

12/02/2005 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that he is gone! He has been driving me crazy since the first ep. I knew that Stephenie was going to vote for him when he was ranting during TC and she closed her eyes. He sealed his fate at that moment. I would have loved to have been with Margaret when she watched this episode though-now that would have been fun!

ncbblue44

12/02/2005 04:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor old Judd.......wasn't so funny when it happened to him,now was it!! I am so glad he is gone,I have disliked him from Day 1. I don't care where anybody comes from...no class is NO class. Now if only those four(Lydia,Danni,Rafe and Cindy)can come to their senses and get rid of Steph next time,I will be happy and maybe it will redeem this sad,sad installment of Survivor for me. It has to be my least favorite of all that have come before. I just don't want Stephanie to win,no way,no how. I'm rooting for Danni and then Rafe to win. I hope Jeff can keep a leash on Judd at the Final Two....nobdy cares what he thinks(does he think??). It was fun to see him visibly wince when Jeff said the IC was a test of intelligence and smart manuevering! He knew HE wasn't going to be the winner.....ha,ha!!!

12/02/2005 05:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Stop the Judd bashing, or are you all that sure you would have been a better contestant, get on the show and prove it

12/02/2005 10:39:34 AM

It's a TV show, in in some ways, the "contestants" become characters. I personally think Judd as a "character" sucks. He might be a nice guy in his reality, but when these people put their personality on screen, lie and then turn hypocrites, then THEY take the heat for bashing, why is his calling people "scumbags" ok for him, yet its not ok to diss him? I enjoy watching the show as a diversion, and would never make claims that I would do better out there, much less want to be on the show. Why you would get defensive is beyond me, unless you're JUDD!

12/02/2005 06:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home